Monday, January 17, 2011

This one's good for a laugh. Man I was drinking a lot back then.

January 2007

Baby take off your cool

I wanna see you, I wanna see you

I want to get to know you

This about sums up how I feel right now. Baby take off your cool. Why is it that women feel that they have to play it cool around guys? And not just you. I mean Everybody. Why??? I don't get it. There is a certain girl who I feel strongly about right now, and if you know me then its pretty obvious who this girl is. And she probably doesnt feel the same way about me as I do Her, but I mean damnit why not? Take a chance. Go outside your comfort zone. My comfort zone was left behind a long time ago. By going out on a limb you chance getting hurt, confused, lost. But damnit isnt that what its all about? Taking a chance. Roll the dice. Who knows? This might be it. I've been pretty shitty in the past, but then again I've been pretty damn immature in my past relationships. Why should they dictate my future? I don't get it. Just take a chance. Thats all I'm sayin. I could be it for you. You could be it for me. I'm not perfect. Neither are you. But from where I stand, I can't find a single thing I don't like. And I've never seen that before. There's always been something, at least one Something, that made me go "Hmm." But thats not there now. Is that naive? Maybe. But who cares. I mean just try it. I've gotten hurt before. I've hurt others before. It's happened before. It'll happen again...maybe. But thats kinda the whole point isn't it? It might not. And thats the whole premise behind the human existence. Get hurt. Stand up. Try it again. Get hurt. Stand up. Try it again. It's all trial and error right? You might think that theres some monumental deal-breaking glitch, but I might have the same hangups. Did you ever consider that? I might see something in you that makes me go "Hmm," but I'm willing to look past it. For the sake of happiness. Thats what its all about isnt it? To finally make that connection. To find that something that makes you go "Yeah." I've had girls that made me want to stick an icepick in both ears just so I wouldn't have to hear their next inane utterance. But I can't see that ever happening with you. I'm not saying it'll never happen. You might spend a week with me and wish you had never been born just so that you wouldn't have had to spend another second in my prescence. You might pray that I would have a death in the family just so you can feed your fish in peace. You might go on a date with me and have a friend call halfway through just to get you out of it. But then again, you might find out that I'm the best thing that has ever happened to you.
Baby take off your cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment